Drupal Tricks for Dummies.
Here are a couple of tips that may come in handy when you're first working with Drupal. At the very least, these are things that I hope I remember next time I dive into Drupal.
- Want to put some content on the home page?
- In Administer > Content Management > Content, set Update options to "Promote to front page", check the content item, and click "Update".
- Want to remove content from home page?
- In Administer > Content Management > Content, set Update options to "Demote from front page" check the content items, and click "Update".
- Want a universal footer?
- In addition to the footer "block", you can set a footer message at Home > Administer > Site configuration in the "Footer message" box.
- Special bonus tip:
- When importing content into a Block, if the content contains important divs, spans, ids or classes, set the Input format to Full HMTL. Otherwise, your existing HTML will be overwritten with semantic elements - potentially neglecting important styling when the site is viewed through a browser.
Tags: content-managment-systems drupal web-development