PAX 2013 - Games.
I sure did play a lot of games at PAX this year:
- Betrayal At House On The Hill: Midway through the game, one of your co-players turns evil and tries to kill you all! Moderately complex, but would play again!
- Fluxx 4.0: Always fun, especially with my own custom blank cards.
- Pikmin 3: I'd never played a Pikmin before, but this one had a fun co-op mode.
- Burn in Hell: One of the lesser known games from Steve Jackson, this was a little like Hearts but with famous sinners. I wasn't really a fan.
- Dominion: It was nice to be reminded how pleasant this deck-building game is. I later bought an expansion that's quite a bit of fun.
- Resistance: This game which pits spies against resistance operatives is all about hiding your identity and deducting the identities of others. I have a copy of this have enjoyed it every time I've played it.
- Zombie Dice + Zombie Dice 2 Double Feature: Roll some dice and eat the brains. Now with Santa!
- Kill Dr. Lucky: James Ernest was demoing this (and Fish Cook) and trying to tune some of the mechanisms.
- Fish Cook: Another demo from Cheapass James, I liked this quite a bit. James said that there would be a future Kickstarter for a deluxe version of Fish Cook.
- Zip-It: Roll 12 dice and make your own crossword. Score points using the zippers on the storage pouch. It's simple, but I'll play again.
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds: I didn't really need any further convincing to buy this game, but my demo play-through did not disappoint. I'm very excited for this to come out.
- Battleblock Theatre: This XBLA game features competitive and co-operative play for up to 4 players. It's fun and cute.
- Machine of Death: We got a demo of this from the creators, but I caught a major case of the sillies and I couldn't really tell you if we lost or not. If you like story-telling games, you'll like this. True fact: I know people who are responsible for the "Shiny Things", "Fancy Pants" and "Electric Sex Pants" cards.
- We Didn't Playtest This at All: This was very silly; even sillier than Fluxx.
- Munchkin Legends: This an exclusive-to-Target version of the core Munchkin game. It was fun, but the owner was a dirty cheater.
- Tokaido: The traveling and collect-a-thon aspects of this game were pleasant, but I didn't like the constant score-keeping.
- Last Night On Earth: This was a moderately complex zombie themed board game.
- Smash Up: This is a very silly strategy card game, where you can join dinosaurs with zombies for fun and winning. The best part was when the husband set up a base where every card was eaten by Steve's bear.
- Kalua: We found this game confusing, and not-at-all about pork.
- 7 Wonders: This was a fun little game, but beware of sitting next to experienced players.
- Stoner Fluxx: Yep, it's Fluxx with a weed theme. That's pretty much all there is to it.
Tags: gaming pax reviews