Quick Notes from Cascadia JS 2013.
Last month, I went to Cascadia JS 2013, and here are some interesting pages from the conference:
- List 'o Links by Darryl Pogue
- Sketches and notes from CJS2013 by Soledad Penadés.
- Kelly Packer's "Dispatch from CascadiaJS 2013"
- Hoodie.js: An offline / front-end only library for making web apps.
- chat.meatspac.es/: A strangely intriguing combination of animated .gifs and instant messages. More importantly, this is a sign that WebRTC is powerful and here to stay.
- Interactive lessons for learning Node.js
- Nodebots.io/: A resource list for making robots with Node.js
- Want to start going deeper into cryptography? Read Bruce Schneier's Applied Cryptography or do the Matasano Crypto Challenges.
- "Class Picture" showing the entire conference just after the closing keynote.
A lot of folks did a lot work to put this all together - thank you to each and every one of the organizers, sponsors and volunteers! Here are a few things that I particularly appreciated:
- Thanks to my Thursday lunch buddies!
- The Hacker Olympics: for providing a fun and geeky Thursday night event that wasn't all about drinking.
- CascadiaJS: For the awesome hoodie - soft, warm and stylish.