Dice Masters Constructed Deck Review - January 2015.
I went to a constructed deck tournament for Dice Masters this weekend. I had fun, but didn't expect to lose so much. Here is a review of the cards I brought, and how effective they were in play.
- Ant-Man - Biophysicist (UXM): It's always great to have a 2 energy cost character for the first few rounds, but I think a Beast or Storm might be better in a Constructed format where players have control of the dice distribution.
- Storm - African Priestess (AVX): Very effective. I'd like to load this card up with the maximum of 4 dice next time.
- Kitty Pryde - Sprite (UXM): Kitty wasn't as effective as I needed at a cost of 3 energy. Perhaps I'll try her 2 cost card next time.
- Nightcrawler - Circus Freak (AVX): I didn't buy any Nightcrawlers during the matches, because every time I had 4 fist energy, I wanted a Wolvie. I want to play with Kurt, so I will just have to suck it up and try him next time.
- Wolverine - Formerly Weapon Ten (AVX): This Wolvie works great - especially if you can clear all the blockers. Thrown Car's spillover damage helps.
- Black Panther - Wakanda Chief (UXM): He would have worked well (Thrown Car counters his "opponents must have fielded characters" limitation), but as another 4 fist energy character, I didn't get him out enough.
- Captain America - Star Spangled Avenger (AVX): This was a very effective card, but difficult to buy since I didn't have any lower-cost Shield type characters.
- Cable - Techno-Organic (UXM): As with Cap, Cable would have been effective at clearing small blockers, but was too tricky to buy.
- Thrown Car (AVX): One of the more expensive actions, especially with Wolverine and Black Panther available, but this action always leads to damage.
- Focus Power (AVX): A cheaper action that's almost always useful.
Tags: dice-masters gaming pictures