Finding Projects for Open Source Contributions.
Have you been thinking about contributing to open source projects, but didn't know where to start? Here are a few ways to get started. find projects which are actively welcoming new contributors by highlighting their "starter" issues - bugs which are small in scope or otherwise make a good introduction to the project.
- Outreachy: In addition to year round code mentorship for under-represented folks in tech, Outreachy provides paid internship matchmaking - the deadline to apply is October 17th!
- http://yourfirstpr.github.io/ / https://twitter.com/yourfirstpr: Highlights starter issues for a variety of projects.
- https://www.codemontage.com/projects: Highlights open source projects looking for contributors broken down by technology.
- http://go.hood.ie/hoodie-starter-issues: Hood.ie is a web app who has tagged some of their issues as for "first timers only".
- Google Summer of Code: Each summer, Google helps students find paying internships.
Tags: development organizing