Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is my recipe for quick and easy chewy chocolate chip cookies. You could easily replace the chocolate chips with another kind of chip - or even small bits of candy - if you wanted. Also, add chopped and toasted nuts if desired.
- 11 1/4 oz all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
Gently stir to combine.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Cream sugar and fat, then add the vanilla.
- 2 large eggs
- 12 oz chocolate semi-sweet chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° and get the ingredients ready.
- One at a time, beat the eggs into the creamed sugar and flour.
- Gradually mix the flour into the dough.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a small disher to drop cookies onto the baking sheet.
- Bake one sheet of cookies for about 10 minutes.
- As soon as you can move them, cool cookies on a cookie rack.
- Repeat previous 3 steps until out of cookie batter.